Being admitted to AmericasIrishSetterClub.com as a breeder, I solemnly swear to use my knowledge and skills for the benefit of the AISC and my breeding program to produce the highest qualities of health in the Irish setter breed through the protection of animal health, the relief of animal suffering, and the advancement of medical knowledge. I will breed conscientiously, with dignity, and in keeping with the principles of good breeding ethics. I accept as a lifelong obligation the continual improvement of the Irish setter breed and my competence as a breeder.
The ethics of proper breeding include but are not limited to:
- Breeding for the Health, Temperament and the Breed Standard.
- To constantly and consistently produce healthy dogs by not breeding dogs without health clearances.
- To participate in the CHIC Program through OFA making health data available to all for the betterment of our breed.
- To stand behind my breedings and any dog for any reason.
- To keep complete and accurate records for each puppy produced, immunizations given.
- To keep a record including the contact information of the purchasers of all puppies sold by my kennel.
- To require all purchasers of dogs from my kennel to submit the "Buyers Oath" as found on the AmericasIrishSetterClub.com website.
- All puppies will be microchipped prior to placement in buyer's home.